| Green Clean uses Miele® canister-style HEPA vacuums exclusively.
H.E.P.A. = High Efficiency Particulate Arresting filter
H.E.P.A. - filters 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns
A typical home vacuum only removes particles 35 microns or larger in size. All particles which are smaller than 35 microns get forced out in the exhaust stream or through the filter media back into the air in your room.
(1 micron = one millionth of a meter = 39 millionths of an inch)
||60.0 - 90.0 microns
|Dust mite waste particles
||10.0 - 24.0 microns
||10.0 - 40.0 microns
||0.3 - 50.0 microns
||3.0 - 20.0 microns
(The human eye is capable of seeing particles down to 40 microns in size.)
Why Use HEPA Filtration?
- HEPA filtration eliminates 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns in size (including pollen and spores, as well as dust mites and their feces)
- HEPA filtration traps dust in the vacuum cleaner where it belongs, eliminating the irritating particles that may cause allergies and/or respiratory problems.
- HEPA filtration provides filtration and cleansing of room air while vacuuming
- HEPA filtration reduces one's exposure to air-borne particles stirred up from rugs and floors
- Without HEPA filtration, because the vacuum allows fine dust particles back into the air again, it's necessary to wait until after vacuuming to do the dusting. When using a HEPA vacuum, dusting is performed first, and then the vacuum is used to eliminate any dust that fell to the floor or settled on other surfaces during dusting. With HEPA filtration, the cleaning is more thorough, and all contaminants stay inside the vacuum!